Dear all, We are in the middle of the energy transition: a major societal challenge to move to a low-carbon, reliable and affordable energy supply system. Within this context, the TKI Wind op Zee has prepared a re-vision of the R&D program for 2018 and 2019. The program recognises that our energy transition requires very large volumes of offshore wind power: now innovation topics also cover the creation of ecological value and the integration of offshore wind power in the grid. The program consists of four theme’s:
- Cost Reduction and Optimization
- Integration in the Energy System
- Offshore Wind and its Environment
You can find our program on our website. Would you like to exchanges ideas with us on the changed program, please do contact us. With this newsletter I would also like to invite you for our Match Making Day 2018. A day with a lot of information about results from innovation projects, introduction to new R&D activities, information on the tenders of 2018, an innovation market and plenty of time for match making and networking. So, save the date: 14 February 2018 in Utrecht. Best regards,Bob Meijer
Furthermore, I would like to inform you on:
- Tender Innovation Site Borssele opens January 2018
- Offshore Wind Innovation Award
- Pioneering SME: KCI
- Find practical solutions for mathematicaI problems
- CAREER Manifest handed over to Sandor Gaastra
Tender Innovation Site Borssele opens January 2018
The tender for Borssele Wind Farm Site V, the Innovation Site in Borssele Wind Farm Zone (Borssele V), will open on January 2, 2018. Applicants can submit a proposal at mijnrvo.nl until January 18, 2018, 17:00 hrs CET. This announcement was made in the Ministerial Order for Innovative Offshore Wind Energy published on October 17, 2017 in the Government Gazette (in Dutch). An English translation will soon be available.Find out more
Offshore Wind Innovators launched Innovation Award and finalists were announced;
A competition, for the first time, for entrepreneurs to compete on the most appealing offshore wind innovation. The Offshore Wind Innovation Award is a recognition of the Dutch innovative power of this young and dynamic and booming sector. On December 6th, during the Netherlands Offshore Wind Q-meeting, the winner will be revealed.The Dutch offshore wind market is booming. Innovative companies make a significant contribution, especially during the Operations and Maintenance phase. However, they lack visibility and face serious challenges to market entry. The Offshore Wind Innovators community unites these entrepreneurs by offering them a dedicated program. The Offshore Wind Innovators Award is one of the products to increase awareness and visibility for a wide audience.
This evening the winner will be announced on the website of Offshore Wind Innovators.
Pioneering SME: KCI
Double Slip Joint - Conical rings for connection of transition pieces
The size of turbines and the water depths for future windfarms continue to increase. As a result, the loads on the monopile foundations increase, which in turn results in larger monopiles (diameter), thus creating challenges for the critical connection between a monopile and the transition piece. KCI Engineering has developed an equally simple and efficient construction of conical steel rings. Installation is 30% faster and special maintenance is unnecessary. After successful tests, the engineering company is looking for a wind farm developer who dares to use them. Read the complete interview with Dirk Pulles from KCI here.
Find practical solutions for mathematical problems:
Study Group Mathematics with Industry 2018Does your company have problems of mathematical nature but no time to look into them? Would you like to strengthen your contacts in the academic world? Would you like to meet mathematicians whom you could offer a job?Then submit your question to the Study Group Mathematics with Industry (SWI 2018)!If your question is an issue of mathematical nature, a group of 5-10 mathematicians will look into your problem for a whole week, starting Monday and present a solution on Friday.Find out more
CAREER Manifest handed over to Sandor Gaastra
During the WindEurope conference John Baken handed over the Manifest of CAREER to Sandor Gaastra, director general Energy of the Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate.In the manifest CAREER stresses the importance of cooperation between government, wind sector and educational institutes to make sure that the availability of skilled professionals will not be a bottle neck in the ambitious plans for the development of wind energy in The Netherlands. Gaastra responded very positive on the Manifest and stated that he shares the concerns of CAREER and agrees on the need for upscaling and improving the education especially for technicians.You can find the manifest here. (in Dutch)
For your information
- Hollandse Kust; where wind and water works; a magazine: A hotspot for the global offshore energy and maritime industries, Hollandse Kust is the ideal base for your company to gain a competitive edge and capitalise on current and future plans for North Sea offshore wind development in the Netherlands and beyond. With world-class facilities already future-proofed for the immense logistical challenges of offshore wind development, the best in wind power R&D, and top class companies along the whole supply chain, Hollandse Kust is ready, willing and able to support you. Read more in this publication. Find out more
- 45 years wind energy in the Netherlands: 13 December 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Find out more about the event. You can register here.
- Match Making Day 2018: 14 February 2018. The Netherlands. Find out more
- WindDays 2018: 13 and 14 June 2018. The Netherlands. Find out more
Take a look at more wind energy events here.
Do you want to receive the TKI Wind op Zee Newsletter? Please subscribe via the button below.