Many of you visited our Match Making Day on Wednesday 14 February. A variety of visitors was welcomed; people who were looking for project partners, who were interested in more information on the offshore wind R&D tenders for 2018 or in new projects and the results of finished projects. The innovation market turned out to be a good place to meet several key players and 'new bees' in the offshore wind sector.
Missed it, or you were present and you want to have a second look at the presentations? You can find the presentations here.
Of course, the match making process continues; when you have remaining questions about how to form your project consortium or how to finance the innovation project, please contact us.
Furthermore, I would like to inform you on:
- MVI-E Skills Lab Workshops
- Pioneering SME: Jules Dock
MVI-E Skills Lab Workshops
20 March - Rotterdam | 24 April - Utrecht
Are you committed to the energy transition? In that case, you are aware of challenges that occur in the cooperation between many different stakeholders.
In the MVI-E Skills Lab, you learn how to activate the right parties and keep them involved and work with your own case. The training courses (in Dutch) are open to everyone who works on the energy transition and will only be offered free of charge this year by the Topsector Energie.
Find out more on the Topsector Energy website for more information (only available in Dutch).
Pioneering SME; Jules Dock
Composite tower for light-weight and low-maintenance wind turbines
Started in: 2012Number of employees: 15Core business: Innovation development, design and production of composite materials, milling of moulds, R&D
Jules Dock has designed a tower made of glass fibre reinforced plastic which is 100 meters high and 40% lighter than steel, making it easier to install. Moreover, the tower requires little maintenance. With this concept, Jules Dock has won the jury prize of the Offshore Wind Innovation Award. A scaled model is currently tested and a fully automatic production line is the next challenge.
Read the interview with Jelmer de Lange, director of Jules Dock Innovation here.
For your information
- Wind Research for North Sea Wind Energy: In collaboration with the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI) the TKI Wind op Zee organised an event on wind research for North Sea Wind Energy. The event was not only about sharing knowledge and networking but was also meant to find the gaps in our knowledge of offshore wind. During the event multiple new initiatives were presented to secure wind measurements on the North Sea in the future. Please find the presentations here.
- Maritime & Offshore Career Event (MOCE): 28 March 2018, The Netherlands. Find out more
- Het Nationaal Windenergie Event 2018: 12 April 2018, Arnhem, The Netherlands (only in Dutch). Find out more
- Floating Offshore Wind Turbines 2018 conference: 25 - 26 April 2018, Marseille, France. Find out more
- International Matchmaking: 25 - 26 April 2018, Marseille, France. Find out more
- BlueWeek Rotterdam: 28 - 30 May 2018, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Find out more
- WindDays 2018: 13 - 14 June 2018, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Find out more
Please take a look at more wind energy events here.
Do you want to receive the TKI Wind op Zee Newsletter? Please subscribe via the button below.