This imposes high demands on the innovation capacity of our economy and society in all sectors. In the field of energy, we need to make the transition towards:
- A sustainable electricity system
- A built environment that uses less and less natural gas while generating more energy
- A climate-neutral and competitive industry
- Sustainable mobility
- A fully circular economy
- Climate-neutral agriculture
The Energy Innovation NL focuses on mission-driven innovation policy. This puts societal missions at the forefront and links them to strengthening the Dutch competitive position and sustainable economic growth. These societal missions for Energy Transition and Sustainability require solutions that connect innovations with necessary changes in regulations and behavior. The Energy Innovation NL seeks close collaboration with other top sectors in this regard. Together, we aim to convert societal challenges into economic opportunities.
We also pay attention to non-technological conditions such as having a well-educated workforce and societal acceptance of new innovations. Everything we do contributes to one or more of these missions.
Energy Transition and Sustainability
Energy Transition and Sustainability consists of 3 sub-themes:
- Climate and Energy
- Circular Economy
- Future-proof Mobility Systems
These sub-themes are translated into 6 missions:
- A Een volledig CO₂-vrij elektriciteitssysteem
- B Een CO₂-vrije gebouwde omgeving
- C Grondstoffen, producten en processen in de industrie netto klimaatneutraal
- CE Circulaire economie
- D+ Emissieloze en toekomstbestendige mobiliteit voor mensen en goederen
- E Het systeem van landbouw en natuur netto klimaatneutraal
To align the solutions for these missions, specific attention is given to system integration. Within all these missions, Multi-year Mission-driven Innovation Programs have been developed.